The Things We Eat


The holiday season is in full swing , and like most of you , I find myself surrounded by family. I , also , am finding it harder than ever to say no to the things I don't usually eat. You know what I'm talking about... candy , sodas , pie , cakes , and stuff from the sweeter side of life. No, no....I really shouldn't. Well , ok , just one ...or two... seems to never be enough. My normal dietary intake is always consistent , and balanced. Why can't we indulge this time of year , it's tradition. And , as I always say , tis' the season!

Caved. Completely and unabashedly caved. The first thought in my head , by this time swimming in chocolate and wine , is that I am the jolliest man alive. Next , it's time for a little piece of that pecan pie I saw staring me down. Sure , to her , it's just another party , but to me it's real Texas pecans. The state tree has given this bounty of beautiful , chubby , speckled little footballs for me ... to pig out , I mean eat. By now , the rest of the day's gang is rolling in to the driveway , flush with presents and good cheer. My stomach bulging , I waddle down the yard and greet them all...and , of course , I offer to carry the food in.

So goes another day in the glorious cycle of life. What's that you say ? Today is not even the first day in the twelve days of Christmas...not even close huh ? Wow. I am gonna be really sorry for this later on in the new year. Later on.
Merry Christmas , and Happy Holidays to all my viewers. I'll be posting more stories , along with some more "Pizza Tip Of The Day " posts. Stay tuned.

Larry

Comments