Sunshine


I was at the Dr.'s office the other day , and feeling very anxious about this visit . Kept waiting , and having arrived early , it had been along time since I'd eaten , when I finally finished . The receptionist and I were eventually the only two people left in the lobby , and were talking about where to find the best Tex-Mex in Ft. Worth . Her answer shocked me , as she named one of those national chains . Now , this particular chain started in Dallas , and I am still a big fan of the Original , which is still in it's same location and run by the founding family . So I gave the bus a call and told em' that I was getting hungry ... no , that I was starving and had to know how much longer it would be . They had already been there to pick me up ,and I was still in my appointment , so they said to call . I was smelling fresh chips at the Cantina next door since I arrived . It was freezing cold outside , but I knew that salvation was next door .




Just as I was ready to break for the door to brave the frigged Arctic air and get on over to Dos Gringos , my driver pulled up . We went outside, and as I got ready to depart , a senorita Bonita voice said " here ya go " . Looking up in a total trance , I saw a hand pushing a penut-butter and jelly sandwich my way . On the other end of this arm was the most magnificent ray of sunshine ... smiling right back at me . Life is good .




Larry

Comments